Tuesday 30 September 2014

Blanket three revealed

I can finally reveal the photos of the third blanket featured in my last blog post. I made it as a present for a friend and, since she is now in possession of it, I feel I can share it more widely.

It's the first 'full size' appliqued blanket that I have made and it measures around 110cm by 160cm. My friend is a freelance editor and her home office seems to be rather cool, even when it's baking hot outside, so I thought a blanket would help keep her warm and cosy. She genuinely seemed delighted with the present so I'm hoping it gets lots of use. Obviously, it would be great for her not to be cold at all, in which case I'm sure it could be used to adorn a sofa or bed.

Anyway, here are the promised photos. I was having trouble getting the colours to show up properly in any photos I took - the brown background and the pale appliqued fabrics tending to drown each other out - so I have to say a huge thanks to my friend Ce for these images.





I completely loved making this but perhaps the best bit was hand delivering it to my friend at her new home in Italy. So, a very belated 'boun compleanno' to The New Mrs Smith (and a huge thanks for letting me be a guest blogger on your site whilst I was in Italy)!

No comments:

Post a Comment